Yelvertoft > Watford Park Top 10 Tips for Amazon Flex drivers To Winwick Yelvertoft -> Winwick in the Fields Extinction events in Ashby st Ledgers Braunston -> Yelvertoft Flecknoe -> Braunston Fitting flexible solar panels to a narrowboat Calcutt Boats -> Flecknoe Weedon -> Calcutt Boats Painting a narrowboat water-tank Amazon tried to charge me postage on a free postage item Adding to narrowboat battery bank Weedon -> Dodford Painting the water tank (cover) Stowehill -> Weedon Nether Heyford -> Stowehill Gayton -> Nether Heyford Blisworth Arm -> Gayton List of dead bankers 2018 – conspiracy update Gayton Junction -> Blisworth Arm List of Demonetized YouTube stars Blisworth -> Gayton Junction Stoke Bruerne -> Blisworth Nether Heyford -> Stoke Bruerne Armed robbery Nether Heyford post office Winter boating – Minus 7.5c with snow Mini USB Voltmeter Norton Junction -> Nether Hayford Braunston -> Norton Junction Amazon Flex stopped paying me Google’s ‘alt-media off button’ for forthcoming war My year in Strava – 2017 New Years Walk 20th November update Whilton -> Braunston Dodford -> Whilton Weedon -> Dodford Google index is now spam Non-slip adhesive matting and other jobs Is this why my site has been censored? Nether Hayford -> Weedon Bec BMC 1,800 alternator First Patreon Pledger! Phone broke [Nether Hayford] Funny video of the day Google, other tech companies warned over ‘dangerous’ banning of neo-Nazis, hate groups How a bitcoin is made Fastening fairleads to my boat pt1 Google Censorship clamps down on the ‘alt-media’ Middle of nowhere – Near Gayton Sense of future – Unilever Saga 20 years on Censored by Google- 64% Black-hat Google penalty for White-hat site Final day painting and Gayton Marina Bonnie Eye Boat update Blisworth Marina 3 Reasons you won’t ever tell me 9/11 was not an inside job Nene and onwards Tradline ropes and things, Braunston Junction Houses past and present Bourne End to Weedon Bourne End upwards Little ride home Ease my Brexit shroom – Daan sawwf On the Thames again Day 41 – Newquay to Lands End Day 40 – Tavistock to Newquay Day 39 – Exeter to Tavistock Bonnie Revival Hungerford -> Newbury -> Aldermaston BMC 1800 waterpump Downton Abbey (Highclere Castle) and Watership Down Hungerford Marsh -> Hungerford Froxfield -> Hungerford Marsh To Ham Bird action in Oak Hill World Press Freedom Index Oak Hill – Dun Aqueduct Oak Hill Little Bedwyn -> Oak Hill Chased by sheep – Little Bedwyn Taking a long walk…. Great Bedwyn -> Little Bedwyn Sunday on the canal Crofton Meadows -> Great Bedwyn Wolf Hall -> Crofton Meadows Brimslade -> Wolf Hall My first Zander Wotton Rivers -> Brimslade Most visited sites on the internet ABS Review – Leisure batteries for a narrowboat Burbage wharf Mooring in Wootton Rivers, Wiltshire Sunday in Pewsey Measuring the draft Looking for moorings around Wootton River/Clench New button fitted! Milkhouse Water, Wiltshire Now in Pewsey, CRT mooring rules

Z-VISA in the UK

Michael Tyler


Owner and main contributor to the blog.

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
0Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on Google+
0Email this to someone
Single entry Chinese Z-VISA
Single entry Chinese Z-VISA

Timescales and costs involved in getting a Chinese Z-VISA in the UK.

1) Getting a CRC (Criminal Record Check) for an Individual in the UK

The first document you’re going to require – CRC or Criminal Record Check. Background check. Whatever.

In the UK this document is surrounded by Bureaucracy and red-tape. Arranging one for an individual is ‘not possible’, they can only be done for organisations.

This is a lie. Of the many people I spoke to, they all told me this. “You need to be from a company”.

This is to prevent individuals abusing their lack of criminal record, like you might abuse your medical records… I guess…. But in the UK, it’s very important that the only people to KNOW you’re not a criminal are companies. You cannot be trusted with the truth.

That’s what they tell you.

It’s actually a lie. I guess, to make money.

You need to go the right website This site will give you a background or criminal record check for the UK.

The site will provide any individual with a basic disclosure about their criminal records as held on file by the UK police service.

This disclosure is now a requirement for any UK national wishing to take up a teaching position.

Total time 5 days.

2) Invitation Letter/Experts Certificate

The experts certificate takes two weeks.

The invitation letter, much longer. I ended up waiting for nearly a month for mine.

Some provinces in China require that all foreigners arrive with a Z-Visa. The province that I work in, Zhejiang province, has this requirement.

Total time (30th Sept – 22nd October.)  22 days.


Formal documentation is required.

My company chose to post DHL express. Originals are required by the passport office.

Total time 2 days.

4) Apply for Z-Visa + Processing

At the Manchester consulate. 3 and 4 day services. I took 3.


Total time 3 days.


Total time:  32days (not including non-working days and weekends).

Total cost: £115 + travel


(Visited 476 times, 1 visits today)

Related Posts


  1. Hi, I am waiting for my invitation letter etc. for a teaching job in China, Shanghai. It should be here any day now and I am looking into the best way to get my Z visa. I’ll be doing this in Manchester but looking into it I am so confused. Can you please give me the website of the place where you got yours? I thought it cost a couple of hundred quid but you’ve put £90. Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. Thank you so much for the help
    I’ve just received my paperwork now so I’m making an appointment with them


  3. Hi,

    Do I need to get copies of my degree and Criminal Check apostilled? And then get it authenticated by the Chinese embassy?



    1. I don’t think so.
      They do in Saudi and Vietnam. Not the case in China yet.
      Individual schools may have additional requirements. They’ll let you know what’s required when you apply.

    2. Hi Shaun,

      Probably too late to be of help to you now but might be useful for others reading this.
      Yes, you will need a notary to sign degrees from most UK universities. They will also have to sign the Police Certificate if it hasn’t been signed by the issuing authority (although I don’t know why it wouldn’t have already been signed!).
      After that they need to be sent to the Foreign and Commonwealth office to be legalised before they can be sent to the Chinese embassy for authentication.

  4. Ive been told I need a health check so where do I get one in the UK…? Isnt it possible to just get a letter from a GP and then do all the tests in China.??

    1. You’ll need to do all the health checks in China whatever you do.
      The school will require a letter certified and stamped by the provincial authority.
      Stuff from the UK is not recognised.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *